Your home is probably the place where you spend most of the time. That is why if your home is not well-maintained, then it can easily make you sick. There are many ways that your home can make you sick.
Mold is a common problem. It grows in areas that have moisture. Small leaks can lead to big mold problems that may be invisible. People who are exposed to mold may develop wheezing, coughing and sneezing. It is estimated that 30 percent of people who are exposed to mold will develop symptoms from it. Vinegar can be used to remove mold. You will need to apply the vinegar to the mold and let it sit for an hour.
Bleach can also be used to kill mold. Additionally, you can hire a professional company to remove the mold.
Dust particles can cause sneezing, coughing, hay fever and asthma attacks. People who already have health problems are more likely to be hurt by dust. One of the keys to keeping dust under control is to keep your home clean. Make sure that you wipe down counters, mop, sweep and vacuum on a regular basis.
A gas leak can put your health in danger. It can cause you to develop flu-like symptoms, breathing problems, nausea, nosebleeds, skin irritation and headaches. The reason that gas leaks can make you so sick is because they can lower your oxygen level. Dead plants, a sulfur smell, bubbles in the water and a damaged pipe are some of the signs of a gas leak. If you have a gas leak, then you will need to call a hot water plumber as soon as possible.
If you live in a home that was built before 1978, then it may have lead paint. Lead is highly toxic and can have an adverse effect on your health. Windows and doors that have lead paint can release particles into the air when they open and close. These lead particles can easily end up in your lungs. If you have lead paint in your home, then you will need to call a professional as soon as possible.
Your home is supposed to be a safe place, but it may have hidden dangers. Gas leaks, hidden mold, dust and lead paint are some of the things that can potentially put your health at risk. Fortunately, you can protect your health by removing those things.