Many nutritionists say that for you to increase your immunity and fight diseases, you must consume certain types of drinks and foods. Your diet should be healthy all year round. The following foods are important in ensuring that you are free from diseases. You should consume them on a daily basis if possible.
1. Beef: this may be a surprise because health experts suggest that we limit the intake of red meat. However, eating beef moderately and selecting cuts which are low in fat and are lean is important because it is a source of zinc. A portion of three ounces of lean beef adds to your diet the required zinc. Lack of zinc in the body may make you vulnerable to infections. Taking zinc daily helps in the production of white blood cells. If you do not eat beef, you can eat fortified cereals, pork or poultry.
2. Orange vegetables such as carrots, squash, pumpkins and sweet potatoes: consuming pumpkin, carrots, sweet potatoes and squash will provide your body with beta carotene. These orange vegetables are rapidly converted by the body into vitamin A, which also increases immunity. Vitamin A helps you attain a healthy skin. You should choose orange vegetables that are bright, as this indicates the amount of beta carotene that it has.
3. Garlic: in ancient Egypt, garlic was highly valued, in fact at some point it was used as money! It has sulphuric components like allicin which offers protection against most diseases. When you crush a clove of garlic, it produces alliin. This is then rapidly converted to allicin. This has antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral properties. You can fry in a pan then add meat or vegetables. Apart from tasting good, you will greatly benefit.
4. Green tea: drinking a cup of green tea every day will also enable you to increase your immunity. It has a high concentration of polyphenols which defend the body against damaging components and free radicals that can cause you to age early. Green tea has a higher amount of antioxidants as compared to fruits and vegetables. You can add some honey for a natural taste. Tea has other defensive compounds such as epigallocatechin which help in fighting diseases.
5. Yoghurt: some people do not drink yoghurt because of its taste. But if only they knew the benefits that yoghurt has on our bodies, they could make it part of their daily meals. Yoghurt is a good source of healthy bacteria that the human body needs in fighting infections. You should include yoghurt into your diet every day because it is rich in probiotics. Antibiotics, despite being prescribed for many ailments, kill most of the bacteria in the body. The beneficial bacteria are then eliminated together with the bad bacteria. The body needs healthy bacteria like those that the intestines produce as they help in breaking down food.
If you do not take good care of your immune system, you can easily get diseases. Immunodeficiency occurs when the immunity system gets inactive. This in turn makes the body to be vulnerable to many diseases. It is very important that you take good care of your body. For your immune system to be healthy and strong, you should eat natural foods.