Are you tired of binge eating, crazy fad diets that don’t work, and packing on extra pounds that you just haven’t been able to lose no matter what you try? This article will share four important secrets to losing weight the healthy way, and they’ll make a huge difference in your results.
Avoid Addictive Chemicals by Preparing Meals from Scratch Using Certified Organic Ingredients
America’s most prominent food purveyors employ a small army of food chemists. Their job descriptions vary, but many of these food scientists are tasked with concocting addictive blends of chemical ingredients that will have you compulsively buying their junk food. Their profits increase every time you go on an eating binge. They get rich; you get fat and destroy your health.
Aren’t you tired of the helpless, hopeless feeling that results every time you’re finished with a junk food binge? It’s time to take action and get control of the situation. You can do it! There are several steps you can take to avoid this destructive trap:
- Instead of shopping at the closest grocery store, start shopping at a nearby farmer’s market or independent health food store. This will allow you to habitually make healthier choices.
- Avoid eating boxed or packaged foods with unrecognizable ingredients on the label; instead, choose whole, unprocessed foods.
- Prepare your meals from scratch using organic ingredients so you know exactly what’s going into your food.
- If you’ve made an honest effort to do all of the above, but you’re still binge eating, you may want to get help. You don’t have to struggle with an eating disorder on your own—you can seek outpatient treatment from places like Center for Change or get support from a professional dietician.
Discover Healthy Fats to Feel Full Longer
If you’re thinking that fat is always the “bad guy” when it comes to wrecking your diet, you’re working with outdated information. In the past, the US government’s dietary guidelines painted the picture that fats were always unhealthy. The latest dietary guidelines no longer vilify all fats, and instead focus on other aspects of what to eat in order to be healthy.
Fats can help you feel full, so load up on healthy fats to satisfy your appetite and beat cravings. The following foods are loaded with healthy fats you can indulge in:
- Nuts: almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, walnuts
- Olive oil
What you do want to avoid: unhealthy fats such as margarine, hydrogenated oils and any trans fats.
Satisfy Sweet Cravings with Fruits
If you’re craving something sweet, try fresh fruits first. If that doesn’t satisfy your craving, you could try a healthy fruit-based concoction instead. Our favorite is a cake made from blended dates topped with dark organic chocolate and coconut.
Satisfy Salt Cravings with Veggies or Nuts
If you’re craving something salty, there’s no need to reach for the corn chips or French fries. There are many healthier alternatives. Try kale chips instead of potato chips or carrots with salsa instead of chips with salsa. Nuts make a fantastic, healthy snack any time you crave something salty.
Hopefully these four tips will help you get your dieting back on track. Best wishes with your endeavors to lose weight the healthy way.